We desperately don’t want to see our customers PayingTooMuch! That’s why we’ve got these two super-tasty tips on how to easily save loads of money on your car insurance.
Buy at least 48 hours before
Come on – there really isn’t any excuse for leaving your car insurance until the last minute. The best prices can be found by buying your car insurance policy at least 48 hours in advance – saving at least 10%! Insurance companies identify people who buy and start their policy on the same day as either desperate or disorganised. Therefore, they’ll charge you more – because they can.
All our quotes are guaranteed for 30 days. So, the idea is to get as many quotes in the 30 days before your renewal date as possible. When renewal time comes around, follow these simple steps:
- 30 days before your renewal date, get a quote for car insurance starting on your renewal date.
- Every week (or more often if you like), just get a new quote and see how the price changes.
- Up to one week before the price should remain stationary.
- From one week before your cover start date, the price will start to increase.
- You may find some quirky price rises and falls along the journey. For example, in one case we tried it was slightly cheaper to buy two weeks before than four weeks.
- The exact price changes will depend on the time of the month and your personal circumstances. There is no pattern which fits everyone.
Finally – a few days before your renewal date, go and buy the cheapest quote you received in the last 30 days. As the quotes are all guaranteed, you can just pick the cheapest one for you.
- Your current car insurance will most likely auto-renew. You will need to inform your insurance company in writing or over the phone if you don’t want to renew.
- Most general insurance (including car) is sold with a 14 day cooling-off period. This means you can cancel within 14 days and only pay a small fee and for the cover you received in the intervening days.
- When comparing prices always check that the quotes are on a like-for-like basis and you entered the same details for each one. This includes the excess and extras like legal protection and breakdown cover.
Quote now to lock in prices for 30 days
You’ve seen the news - Insurance premiums 'set to soar' after compensation changes. So – there’s not a lot we can do about it, other than lobby the government to look again. But – there is one thing you can do now.
Get a quote today for car insurance starting in 30 days. That way, if prices rise you will at least have a cheaper quote guaranteed for 30 days. If you are due to renew after 30 days, you might find it’s cheaper to accept the cancellation fee for cancelling your current policy and renew early.
It costs nothing to do a quote – but having one stored might save you loads in the future. If you have any questions then give our friendly team a call today on 01243 219300.